Monday 8 August 2016

1/48th Station Masters Cottage continued..

Hi all,

I have been working on my cottage in between setting up my website for the mini miniature show which is taking place on 11th to 14th of August online. 

As for the cottage, firstly I painted the ceiling of the main part of the cottage.  I used 2 coats of emulsion paint which I applied with a make-up sponge.  They don't give you brush marks which would look wrong in such a small scale. When it was dry I sanded it using a piece of abranet, it gives the paint a nice smooth finish. 


I added wallpaper to the back and side of the main part of the cottage.  Ensuring to leave gaps where the pieces would be stuck to their neighbours.


I stuck these 3 pieces onto the main carcass and clamped in place until dry.  Those clamps are one of my most used mini tools. 


Its starting to come together don't you think?


Until next time....

Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment