Thursday 7 May 2020

1/12 scale DIY paper plates tutorial

Hi all,

Hope you are well and surviving lockdown.  I haven’t posted in ages I know but came up with the simple tutorial I just had to share.

You will need: scrap patterned paper, 1 inch circle punch, clamp, water spritzer, metal plates.

Step 1: punch out circles from your scrap paper using your paper punch (alternatively cut out circles by hand).




Step 2: spritz your punched circles with water.

Step 3: you will now use your metal plates as moulds to form the circles into plate shapes.  Simply stack them up plate, paper, plate, paper, plate.  Always starting and ending with a plate.  I have 6 plates so I can mould 5 plates at a time. 


Step 4: use a mini clamp to squash the stack together. Leave overnight to dry.  



Step 5 take apart your clamped plates.  They should be dry and look like this.  You can now use them in your 1/12 scenes. 




















4 comments: