Tuesday 2 August 2016

Brambly hedge inspiration dresser project

Hi all,

I thought I would share with you my latest project. I saw this great picture online from the Brambly hedge series of books and loved the over sized dresser.





I had a dresser which had lost its doors, sorry but I didn't take a photo of it before I started to take it apart. I must remember to do that in the future.

I used 2mm card stock to build up the height and used a lot of the original shelves as well as building in some more of my own. I painted it in matt ivory emulsion to match my previous shabby display cupboard and used the same pins as door knobs. All of the drawers were made by me and all open.






I found a great online tutorial by Lesley Shepherd for making a mouse which was really easy to follow.

http://miniatures.about.com/od/makeminiatureanimals/ss/Sew-A-Miniature-Felt-Mouse.htm

I hope to add more to the dresser and mouse.

Hope you like them ;0)

Natalie

3 comments:

  1. I love that picture from Brambley Hedge and how lovely your dresser is. Can't wait to see it filled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment. I have started making/collecting bits and pieces to fill it but I think it will take a while :0)

      Delete
  2. Great dresser! Looking forward to seeing how you fill it. I love Brambly Hedge. Cute mouse too. Sandie

    ReplyDelete